By Mike Fletcher
Tribune staff writer
— The woman found dead inside her burning home late Wednesday died
as a result of the fire, Howard County Coroner Jay Price said Friday.
Kokomo firefighters found Marilyn M. Montgomery, 73, unconscious
inside her 528 Magnolia Drive home.
When firefighters arrived shortly before 11:30 p.m., the rear of the
two-story home was engulfed in flames.
Chief Pat O’Neill said fire crews entered the home and found
Price said an autopsy conducted Thursday revealed Montgomery died of
soot inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity.
Fire Investigator Christopher Hall has ruled the cause of the fire
as undetermined and said he does not suspect to involve foul play.
Hall said firefighters found Montgomery lying on the floor outside
her bedroom. She was taken to St. Joseph Hospital, where she later
Montgomery was alone in the home when neighbors saw flames coming
from the rear of the home and called 911.